Friday, March 07, 2008

Inspiring Post 3/05/08





Wednesday morning I did my usual routine of doing my laundry at the Activity Center. I was burning time walking through our Recreation Hall and noticed a bunch of workers shoveling and racking dirt at hole #10 on the golf course. This was before 8 am! I came home after doing my laundry, shopping at Walmart, and getting gas. To my surprise they were behind my house at hole #15 shoveling and racking dirt. These hard workers were owners who had volunteered their time and physical muscle to improve our golf course, which in turn improves our Village, which in turn improves our pride to live here.
These golf course improvements have not happened by chance or by mere after thought. They occurred because the people concerned with improving the beauty and quality of the amenities here find they need to sometimes do things themselves if the job is to get done. These are special people who demonstrate just how great our Village is. Words just can’t describe it. I’m inspired.
To note: these improvements have not cost the owners. Fund raisers paid for the materials used. To my knowledge a generous contribution by Ione Holeman paid for hole #15.
This should be applauded at our next Coffee W/Directors.

No comments: